Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Shopping

At times having a different workweek than the average Canadian sure comes in handy. For example, my weekend begins on Sunday night as I have Monday and Tuesday off. I think it's no coincidence that this is also the first year ever that I don't do my Christmas shopping on December 23.

Sitting here with my wine, fireplace behind me and breathing in the intoxicating aromas emanating from the Lush bag next to me, I'm happy to report that at 4:30 in the afternoon I got back home having finished all my Christmas shopping. Total time: six hours. Jen and I left the house at 10 am and are back home already. Now, pork roast in the oven, we clink our wine glasses, congratulate ourselves for being so efficient (and somewhat thrifty) and are even contemplating what to do with the rest of our afternoon. Oh, I know, Cheap Tuesday at the Silvercity in New Market, followed by a nightcap at Moxies.

So I will put on my just-bought makeup (eyeliner, lip gloss, mascara and base) and take my new Danier scarf to town. When I come home I'll enjoy a luxurious bath with the "waving not drowning" relaxing bath bomb from Lush and score from Jen a massage with the "each peach" massage bar, promising a similar massage in return. To wrap up the evening I'll curl up in bed with my new cozy pajamas that Jen bought for me "just because" and read a book. After all, I finished all my Christmas shopping and tomorrow is a new work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment