Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Christmas Shawarma and the Salmon Parcels

Today I had my first taste of our chicken shawarma wrap, a dish which is part of our new menu being rolled out on Monday. I think this particular batch had a little too much nutmeg, we might need to tweak the seasonings a little. To me it just smelt and tasted like Christmas. I am very curious to see how it will be received.

I also brought home some nice salmon parcels -- you know: piece of fresh salmon, salt, pepper, julienned veg (in this case pepper and onion although I would have used fennel), a dash of white wine, your choice of herbs, all packaged neatly in parchment paper with the ends tightly wrapped so the steam does not escape. Stick 'em in the oven for a few minutes and voila, a light, healthy, tasty dinner.

All of a sudden the hours I have spent portioning mountains of linguini and rice did not seem so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment