Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Roasted Corn and Chorizo

I think I am in love with chorizo. My favourite accompaniment for my mains over the last few days has been a simple combination of roasted corn and chorizo. Maybe it's not your thing to have meat with a side of ... well.. meat, but if you try it you'll understand. The smokiness and deliciousness of the chorizo sausage pairs so well with corn that your side dish may well end up trumping your entree. I could eat it just on its own and be happy.

I'll be trying chorizo in a variety of dishes in the next few weeks because I'd like to see if it can transform my already tasty dishes into something utterly delicious. I have a feeling chorizo can make my jambalaya unforgettable and that it can also turn an otherwise boring pasta dish into a thing that even someone on a carb diet will fantasize about for days before finally giving in. Although chorizo is not cheaper in comparison to other sausages, it is not outrageously expensive. You might even be able to find it on sale at times. Put chorizo in your grocery cart next time you're out and cook it with mashed potato, with pasta instead of meat or combine it with meat, or just try it my way, with a little bit of corn. If you only have frozen corn that's ok too. Throw in a knob of butter and you'll be on your way to a delicious meal. Wash it down with some of your favourite wine and it'll be an evening you'll want to repeat without delay. Go buy chorizo. Go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment