Sunday, November 1, 2009

See You Next Year!

When I got to work today and checked the schedule for the coming week I was delighted to see the cells across from my name say: Thanks Laura See You Next Year! Although I would have been available to work there for the beginning of this week, I was also more than willing to relinquish my shifts if anyone were to ask me. I am happy. I know I won't miss it because I am starting on another journey of which I am very excited about. Out with the old and in with the new I say!

I have only one week of unemployed freedom and I intend to savour it. As soon as I saw the schedule my fingers got busy dialing friends I haven't seen in a while and making dinner plans. I don't know how much time I'll have once I start working again, especially since my friends own two restaurants and I will be doing shifts at both places. I am sure January will be here before I know it and then school will be added to the mix leaving no time for social relations.

I just realized that by being laid off early I also escaped the second black box test. After the first round I was in the lead. No longer sure it means anything anymore but at least I have bragging rights. Give me 10 weeks of culinary training, try to give me a black box again and watch what happens! (Gosh, I hope I'm not putting too much stock on this culinary school thing and that it'll be all that I imagine it to be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment